Cupra r k06 turbo build

Markc1224

Feb 3, 2013
Newcastle
So I'm getting these parts fitted on Saturday and rolling road, just wondering on what people think,

K06 hybrid turbo
450cc injectors
Milltrek turbo back de-cat system
Forge race spec FMIC
Forge tip
4 bar fuel pressure regulator
Forge 007p dump valve
Jabbasport induction kit
New oil return pipes

:)

Spec of turbo:
• High Flow K06 Billet Aluminium Lightweight Compressor Wheel
• Re-profiled compressor housing to suit
• Turbo Dynamics designed uprated 360 degree thrust kit
• K04 Large trim turbine wheel with lightening modifications for quicker response
• Turbine wheel lightened for quicker response and modified to reduce backpressure
• Turbocharger fully blueprinted to motorsport standards including fitment of staggered gap piston ring seal
• Uprated actuator optional

Markc1224

Feb 3, 2013
Newcastle
Ill get some pics up wen i can.
The k06 is off the rs6 and yes CR turbos is were im getting it from. Turbo dynamics also do it mate

Markc1224

Feb 3, 2013
Newcastle
Rods are next to do.
Ill just have to wait and see how it goes but im not putting out too much boost for the time being ill be happy with 300-320bhp until i get my clutch and rods bought and fitted

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Nice updates! I'd be interested to hear how the K06 performs. Did you have a figure in mind when you bought the turbo, with rods fitted and everything? Keep us updated :)

Markc1224

Feb 3, 2013
Newcastle
Hopefully around 350bhp but i will meed a water meth kit fitted and more than likleys a lsd

Last edited:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
This sounds like a standard k04 hybrid turbo with a K06 compressor wheel which is fitted as standard to k04 hybrids. Not trying to sound negative but the title suggests that this is something different to k04 hybrid. Hope it makes good figures for you and the wmi is well worth it.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Thats what i thought but apparently its not. Just what ive been told. Cheers i hope the figures r well too

given who told you this, I would take a huge pinch of salt with it

the k04 turbos are not hindered by the comp wheels, but the hotsides.

Markc1224

Feb 3, 2013
Newcastle
Yous are right i misunderstood what the lad was saying it i a k04 housing with the billet compressor wheel it is just known as the k06

Markc1224

Feb 3, 2013
Newcastle
ype4aqys.jpg

Forge frontmount

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Markc1224

Feb 3, 2013
Newcastle
uqy4asa2.jpg

u5ujuzam.jpg

u6a4y6y5.jpg

Some pics of my car.
Need the calipers refurbished desparetly just need to find the time to get it done.
Hoping to get it lowered this summer on coilovers and a single mass clutch conversion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members