Cupra OEM 19” wheels on a Leon ST FR

Aug 12, 2024
Finland
Hello guys,

I recently bought a 2015 Leon ST FR and I’m willing to put an OEM 19” alloys on. Saw a marketplace post about Cupra wheels with the specs of 8x19 ET53 (I assume these are mk2 Cupra wheels). The tyres are 253/35-19.

Does anybody know is the ET53 too big for the mk3 Leon? I’m afraid it’s going to rub against the shock strut or inner fender housing. Outer part of the fender shouldn’t be a problem since the ET value is so large.

I see that newer Cupra has ET51 on original 19” wheels. Quick googling tells me that max ET for Leon ST FR is 52. Should I wait and tryna find newer model Cupra wheels or go for an aftermarket ones? Thanks.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hello guys,

I recently bought a 2015 Leon ST FR and I’m willing to put an OEM 19” alloys on. Saw a marketplace post about Cupra wheels with the specs of 8x19 ET53 (I assume these are mk2 Cupra wheels). The tyres are 253/35-19.

Does anybody know is the ET53 too big for the mk3 Leon? I’m afraid it’s going to rub against the shock strut or inner fender housing. Outer part of the fender shouldn’t be a problem since the ET value is so large.

I see that newer Cupra has ET51 on original 19” wheels. Quick googling tells me that max ET for Leon ST FR is 52. Should I wait and tryna find newer model Cupra wheels or go for an aftermarket ones? Thanks.
Original 19" wheel size for Mk3 is 8x19 ET50. Inner clearance would be only 3mm less with the ET53 ones you found. For them to rub against the shocks or anything, clearance of the original 19s should be 3 mm or less. That's too close and I believe there should be much more space than that.

Sent from my 23113RKC6G using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.