Cupra leon ecu mod

Jul 11, 2024
Hello everyone, I'm a soon-to-be happy owner of the Cupra Leon 1.5 eTSI with 150hp. While waiting, I'm already researching potential accessory purchases and everything else. Given it's a nice sporty car compared to my current 78hp Mito, I was wondering if it's possible to make some modifications. I asked on another forum about remapping the ECU, but I was advised against it because it's a car, like the Seat Leon with 150hp, that might not handle additional modifications well. For example, it has a gearbox that can't handle more than 250Nm of torque, and remapping it could cause problems and similar issues. I wasn't planning much beyond remapping and maybe adding a sports filter. Do any of you have more knowledge on this? A workshop near me that specializes in tuning says they can remap the Seat Leon for an extra 32hp and around 50Nm of torque. Please let me know, and thanks a lot!

Jul 11, 2024
Why not go for a 190hp version?
Why go for the 190hp? Plus it wasn't available and i needed to change/order the car now, so that's that. Plus it's not a mild hybrid even, and i wanted it because it allows me to enter in a certain city without paying or incurring in sanctions/limitations. You could call it, a kinda obliged choice, seeing to the fact that i couldn't certainly go for the phev, 10/12k euro more.

tomek_olo

Cupra Leon ST VZ 2.0 245 DNPA DQ381
Jan 28, 2022
Why go for the 190hp?
I don't know. Maybe the better, more capable gearbox AND not having to void your warranty bc of the mods AND better performance straight out of the factory?

Jul 11, 2024
I don't know. Maybe the better, more capable gearbox AND not having to void your warranty bc of the mods AND better performance straight out of the factory?
Well, the world doesn't go on with ifs, buts and maybes, so if you can answer it's good, if not then it's whatever.

Jul 14, 2024
Hello everyone, I'm a soon-to-be happy owner of the Cupra Leon 1.5 eTSI with 150hp. While waiting, I'm already researching potential accessory purchases and everything else. Given it's a nice sporty car compared to my current 78hp Mito, I was wondering if it's possible to make some modifications. I asked on another forum about remapping the ECU, but I was advised against it because it's a car, like the Seat Leon with 150hp, that might not handle additional modifications well. For example, it has a gearbox that can't handle more than 250Nm of torque, and remapping it could cause problems and similar issues. I wasn't planning much beyond remapping and maybe adding a sports filter. Do any of you have more knowledge on this? A workshop near me that specializes in tuning says they can remap the Seat Leon for an extra 32hp and around 50Nm of torque. Please let me know, and thanks a lot!

Quite alot of different options available.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.