Cupra Connect in Unsupported Region

Jul 23, 2024
Hi All,
I live in a country where the Cupra Connect and the entire VAG connect services aren't available.
The app isn't available in the PlayStore or AppStore but that's pretty easy to solve and get the app.

I want to know if there is a way to enable Cupra Connect service in my car, if anyone did it or encountered this setting?

BaldPirate

Sep 26, 2023
This is something that I'd like to enable, too.
The issue isn't really on our end - we can install and enable all we want, but there needs to be an server setup in the local country for it all to connect to.

The only other way that I can think of getting it to work is to trick the system to read that you're in a country that supports it. This could be very tricky, and you may need to spend a fair amount of time and money to get remote start to work.

Reactions: RazOcean
Jul 23, 2024
Thank you, I also managed to speak with some guys that worked on the security of this service in the VAG group.

There is an E-SIM that the car uses just for the VAG services such as software&security updates and the connect service, you need to somehow managed to tap into it in order to make such changes, and even after you do so it probably won't work because VAG might block this SIM on their side.

As you said it will be very complicated, expensive, and risky to bypass this. I hope someday the VAG group will provide global support.

Reactions: BaldPirate
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.