Cruise control does not engage

Jul 7, 2024
Hello all, ive had this problem for about 3 months now and it’s driving me crazy. I drive a 2015 seat leon cupra 280. My cruise control does not work, car thinks the clutch pedal is depressed constantly when it is not. I can pull the stalk forward and the cruise comes on the dash, it’s just when I activate it, it says clutch depressed. The cars been to an auto electrician and he cant find whats wrong with the car. There are no fault codes or faults on the dash, the car runs fine and is having no problems changing gears. I still need to push the clutch down to start the car, so i don't believe it’s the clutch pedal sensor. What else could be causing this? Can only find similar issues on cars from before 2010 which are no help.

Attachments

• IMG_5866.jpeg
    IMG_5866.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 67

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Might be worth checking there isn't a switch on the floor for the starting incase it is the switch up top. I think you have to fully press the pedal for starting so a switch on the floor would make sense. I wouldn't have though the one up top could tell the ecu how far you've pressed the pedal.

Reactions: mty12345

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
The sender is located just behind the pedal, worth checking.

1721230093306.jpeg

The wiring runs between the sender, engine ECU and fuse SC49 (which also for starter relays), do you have any other symptoms?

Get a good diagnostic on it such as VCDS and see what is being reported in other modules and check the live data from the clutch position sender G476

Jul 7, 2024
The sender is located just behind the pedal, worth checking.

View attachment 43260

The wiring runs between the sender, engine ECU and fuse SC49 (which also for starter relays), do you have any other symptoms?

Get a good diagnostic on it such as VCDS and see what is being reported in other modules and check the live data from the clutch position sender G476
I’ll have to look into this when I get time in the week. Other symptoms I have is that stop start no longer works and the indicator on the dash which tells you which gear you’re in and when to change no longer displays (you can see this in the image I attached to original post, to the right of the compass). This sounds promising so I’m hoping this is the issue 🤣. Thank you

Reactions: ViperSlider