components into mk3 ibiza cupra doors

stevoibizacupra

Mar 22, 2007
Bath
hi guys, iv just bought a set of jbl components for upgrading my front speakers, but standard ones are in pods, will need something to replace this, iv had a look on internet but not found anything yet.. anyone know where to look or had this problem too?

cheers!
steve

bartsimmo

Oct 10, 2005
Cambs
No worries mate. Make sure that you also get some spare door card clips when you replace the speakers as they can break when taking the door card off. Take my word for it!! :D

stevoibizacupra

Mar 22, 2007
Bath
where do i get these from? just stealers or can you get them elsewhere? cheers. also im guessing (hoping) i can just use the wiring thats already there for the tweeter and woofer? cannot be arsed running new wiring from dash through door!

bartsimmo

Oct 10, 2005
Cambs
The stealers is fine. I think that they are yellow but the parts department will know for sure.

I'm sure that there is a guide for changing the speakers in the MK3 section FAQ so have a look there. Alternatively, check this out.

If I was you and wanted a good quality sound from the standard head unit I'd run the door speakers off an amp. It would mean loads more work but you'd get a better result in the end. :D

stevoibizacupra

Mar 22, 2007
Bath
finally got my adapters from car audio, now i go to fit and the speakers stick through the adapters by a good 20mm. even with speakers supplied fitting rings the magnet is still stickign through a good 10mm, am i complete t**t for not checking the mounting depth first?! lol.
any ideas.. im thinking make some spacers to put behind the adapters out of mdf or dowel or something and drill through them?

anyone else had this problem? there i was thinking id get the adapters and they'd be a straightforward fit!

cheers, steve

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.