Complete locking breakdown!

jonnyrocker

Hi there,

I have an X-reg Seat Leon 20v SE.

I have been experiencing problems with my locking mechanism, and before I give in to the local dealer and part with my semi-hard earned cash, I thought I would look for a few answers on here.

I have spent many hours browsing this and other forum sites to see if I can find an example of my exact problem, but unfortunately I could not. There are lots of stories of broken central locking, key fobs etc, but my issues are slightly different.

I will list them below and any help anybody can give me will be gratefully received.

1. My central locking is broken. The key fob doesn't work, (I have tried re-calibration, disconnecting the battery etc), not a massive issue in itself as I can always use the key right?. Unfortunately not.

2. My key no longer unlocks the driver side door. I can turn it to an extent but not eoungh to lift the pin high enough to open the door. If I use the key in the passenger side door it will open that door, but not the drivers side? I am having to either turn and hold the key so the windows come down and I can reach in to open from inside, or open the passenger side and climb over...not ideal.

3. My 2 back doors do not open, AT ALL. They are permanently locked shut. I cannot even open them from the inside, by pulling the lever I can lift the locking pin slightly, but the doors will still not open. The boot works fine, but I am technically driving a 3-door as the back 2 will not open at all.

The car drives fine and I have no other issues apart from the fact that very soon, I will not be able to get in to it at all!

Does any of this ring any bells with anyone, or does anyone have any ideas as to the cause(s)/solution(s)?

Many thanks!

jonnyrocker

No, nothing like that has been done. Would I have to go to a dealer for that?

(Apologies for my almost embarassing lack of knowledge!)

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
i have just spoken to the garage that have a car i would like to buy...

BUT they say: the centrally locking does not work by pushing th ebutton on the key fob - you need to use the key.

how can this be fixed? easy DIY job? (if so how tos would be great) otherwise what price would i be looking at from a garage? what are the likely parts that would need to be replaced if any?