• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Clutch bleeding

robepton

Practical performance!!!!
Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
I know you need the engine running to do the brakes.

I would do ya brakes at the same time anyway because ya can't keep whats left in the bottle once it's opened.

Them automatic bleed kits that connect to ya tyre valves are well worth the cash and make it alot easier.

Got a haynes manual!?

And don't shake the bottle or you'll end up doing it twice like I did.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
where do u locate the nipple

to bleed the brakes you mean?

If so, each caliper has a nipple on it. Stick a (see through) hose on the end of that (4mm) and hang that in any old reservoir (coke bottle for example)

then have someone pump the brake whilst you undo the brake nipple. Tighten it whilst guy is pushing the brake down. When tightened, de-press the brake. then repeat, until the guy has proper pressure on the pedal and you see no more bubbles inside the fluid coming out of nipple into the tube

Note, be sure that the brake fluid reservoir has enough fluid in it at all times, otherwise you'll pump air in through there.

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
OK well i got halfway through bleeding the clutch, but i have managed to round the nipple off :doh:, and TPS say that i can only get the whole slave cylinder and thats £39.19. I dont spose anyone would have a spare nipple or slave cylinder surplus to requirements? ;)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I find with the pressure bleeder even if you pressurise the system and open the nipple the only time you get fluid through is when you pump the pedal.

Its on top of the box.

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)