Clonking Seat

roundy

Aug 19, 2006
Hampshire, UK
Howdy!

My drivers seat has developed a horrible clonk. It happens when you shift your weight from the back to the front of the seat and also when you go over bumps........anyone else had the same/have any ideas???

Cheers...

jNx

May 4, 2006
M25 J13
www.surreymodified.co.uk
Time for that diet? Hehe!

Just kidding! If you stand outside the car and try and wobble the base of the seat does it move?

I know my Cobra Daytona's in the Polo used to do it, was just a loose bolt on the subframe into the bottom of the seat

leegt5

May 17, 2006
Yeah mine has started doing the same.. I need to have a look under the seat as it sounds like somethings a bit loose under there !!

Ibiza Cupra

Just have a look for a loose bolt. get sum lock tight stuff.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Howdy!

My drivers seat has developed a horrible clonk. It happens when you shift your weight from the back to the front of the seat and also when you go over bumps........anyone else had the same/have any ideas???

Cheers...

Yeah my passenger seat does that when the little White clip comes loose on the bit where the seat slides backwards and forwards

Ralph007

Oct 16, 2005
I have the same with mypassenger seat - it knocks quite bad but is ok when someone is in it?!?!?!?! Will take a gander underneath and see if anything appears loose.

Ralph

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.