• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 21/22 Clonk!

samm

Oil be back!!
Nov 5, 2003
Horsham
sammullahy.50megs.com
Morning all, my 2022 310 VZ2 is booked in to be looked at in a couple of weeks but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the symptom that my car is currently showing. When I have finished driving, I hit P and stick the handbrake on, when I turn the engine off via the button on the steering wheel there is quite a loud clonk (technical term) from seemingly under the central until that houses the gear selector and other bits. It sounds quite mechanical and far from good!

Thanks

Sam

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
I’m sure I read somewhere on here that you just need to switch engine off and the car sorts out the gears and parking?

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
quite a loud clonk (technical term) from seemingly under the central until that houses the gear selector and other bits. It sounds quite mechanical and far from good!
If you press the "Stop" button with the gearbox in Drive/Sport position you'll notice that the "clonk" you're mentioning is quite loud - the car will put the gearbox in "Park" automatically while stopping all the systems.
However, if you first put the gearbox into "Park" and then press the "Stop" button the mechanical noise you're describing shouldn't be that loud...

samm

Oil be back!!
Nov 5, 2003
Horsham
sammullahy.50megs.com
If you press the "Stop" button with the gearbox in Drive/Sport position you'll notice that the "clonk" you're mentioning is quite loud - the car will put the gearbox in "Park" automatically while stopping all the systems.
However, if you first put the gearbox into "Park" and then press the "Stop" button the mechanical noise you're describing shouldn't be that loud...
It has only just started doing it. As above, I normally hit P and the handbrake so that when the car is turned off, there doesn't appear to be much for the car to do. You can hear the handbrake mechanism move but this new noise, despite everything being set already, is really quite loud and you can feel it in through the central tunnel.

BaldPirate

Sep 26, 2023
Coming from a Manual transmission, i pop the gear into N, then Hand brake, then hit park and finally the stop button. On occasion theres a clunk, but nothing 'loud'.

Keen to see what your mechanical issue is.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.