climate control, blowers not working

SeatDanny

Developing SEAT owner!
Oct 29, 2009
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Hello all

Ok so problem started yesterday when I got in the car n started up. Began thinking to myself its taking an age for the screen to clear and that's wen I realised there was no blower sound!? So I fiddled with all the buttons and still nothing!

So has any1 experienced this before?
And has anyone any ideas to what the problem is?

Thanks

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
If you still have heat coming out but no fan, hopefully it's just the fuse, probably fuse 22 at the end of the dash. If not, it could be the fan. If there's no heat, there are 3 other possible fuses for the Climate Control, 4, 14 & 40 in the same fuse box.

SeatDanny

Developing SEAT owner!
Oct 29, 2009
Northern Ireland, Belfast
If you still have heat coming out but no fan, hopefully it's just the fuse, probably fuse 22 at the end of the dash. If not, it could be the fan. If there's no heat, there are 3 other possible fuses for the Climate Control, 4, 14 & 40 in the same fuse box.

cheers mate, where do i get access to the fuse box? Will the blown fuse be obvious or is it a case of change it and see?

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
The cover for the fuse box is triangular and it is at the end of the dashboard on the drivers side. If you open the drivers door, you should see it about level with the steering column. The cover just pulls off, you might have to pull the door seal away slightly. There are plastic tweezers in there to pull the fuses out. You should be able to see the metal across the top of the fuse, if it's broken or blackened, it's probably blown.

Mar 19, 2010
Yes it's covered but not many answers. I have the same problem with my ibiza. which I've narrowed down to be the blower resistor ( currently trying to get hold of one) it goes in the blower unit itself . Proberly a good idea to get a new one and try it after you check your fuse.

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
If you go under the passenger side glove box and remove the tray you will see the fan in the shape of circle towards the back of the footwell. Turn this anti clockwise ( I think) and watch the wee arm and it should come down, remove the plug and take it in doors. Strip it down and soak in WD40, then take it outside and plug it back in to the car not fully assembled though, best getting someone to sit and turn the ignition on and off whilst you turn the fan speed up. You need to do this quickly as it is like giving it a shock and hopefully it will eventually start spinning. Make sure your holding the fan in your hand otherwise it wont spin if its sitting on the floor. If you get it spinning then continually spray WD40 on it, completely soak it and hopefully this should see you good!!

kieran1

Have exactly the same problem with my Ibiza, although.........i'm not sure if there is a Haynes Manual for the mk2 Leon but i had a look at the wiring diagram for the air-con and it goes through a fuse in the engine bay fuse box titled 'interior'...(Number 2 on Ibiza).......its a 110A fuse on the ibiza so might be worth an observational glance in the Leon see if any are blown...then try what the guys above have mentioned with the WD-40.

I checked all the fuses in the passenger fusebox but havent checked the one in the engine bay yet as havent had a chence!!!.....I emailed SEAT and they said its probably a problem with the fan.

Hope this helps

Kieran

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Yes it's covered but not many answers.

Have to agree with this. I searched first and all I got was threads telling me to search...

Andy Page only had 30a fuse so bought a “cheap” airfilter whilst I was there @ £6.42.

Halfords only had 35a so bought two @ £1.79. Fitted and no joy. The fan icon wasn’t there at all at first until I changed the speed of it so it knew it had been out.

Back to work and stuck the 40a back in, same fan icon weirdness again but no joy.

Changed the air filter and the cheap air filter is a FILTRON, same make as what I took out! Just without the usual VAG icons.

Might try the other fuses when I know what they’re rated.

Mar 19, 2010
Ive made a guide on the resistor pack(main problem for fans not working if you dont change the pollen filter). I changed mine and it fixed all my problems.

vegasrock

Mar 18, 2016
Brilliant advisehttp://www.seatcupra.net/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

If you go under the passenger side glove box and remove the tray you will see the fan in the shape of circle towards the back of the footwell. Turn this anti clockwise ( I think) and watch the wee arm and it should come down, remove the plug and take it in doors. Strip it down and soak in WD40, then take it outside and plug it back in to the car not fully assembled though, best getting someone to sit and turn the ignition on and off whilst you turn the fan speed up. You need to do this quickly as it is like giving it a shock and hopefully it will eventually start spinning. Make sure your holding the fan in your hand otherwise it wont spin if its sitting on the floor. If you get it spinning then continually spray WD40 on it, completely soak it and hopefully this should see you good!!

Brilliant, , took 10 minutes to get mine working again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.