cleaning powder coated alloys...?

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Could anyone advise on best product to safely clean up powder coated alloys? Mine are seriously needing some TLC and my wash wax just wont do the job. The are starting to gain a yellowish coating of what looks like hardened grease / brake dust etc. Im fearful of using strong wheel cleaners as i’m unsure how the coating will react.

Any advice much appreciated

D

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Hi, Did u ever find something to clean up yours alloys, i am in the same situation as you.
My powder coated alloys need something to bling them up again.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer I'd second that Bilberry is very good on my BBS wheels, its excellent even diluted down and it foams up very well when agitated with a wheel brush.

I also use Chemical Guys Wheel Wax periodically, it makes the wheels easier to clean as the dust can not stick and harden to the wax between washes.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I also use Chemical Guys Wheel Wax periodically, it makes the wheels easier to clean as the dust can not stick and harden to the wax between washes.

I also use Chemical Guys wheel wax. :cartman:

Similar to you chaps I use the Poorboys wheel sealant and it's really good (smells nice too :whistle:), all the grime sits on the protective layer formed by the sealant so I don't even need the Bilberry now lol a simple wipe with a soapy sponge does the trick to get the wheels clean then simply re-seal :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
depending on how caked on the brake dust is you won't need to use too much Bilberry, it really is very good at getting rid of the stuff, also I don't know if you have one or not but I would invest in a good wheel cleaning brush too, it helps no end :)

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
depending on how caked on the brake dust is you won't need to use too much Bilberry, it really is very good at getting rid of the stuff, also I don't know if you have one or not but I would invest in a good wheel cleaning brush too, it helps no end :)

We had a baby boy 8months ago and i found the brushes to clean the bottles great for cleaning the alloys, of course only when my wife was finished with them:D:D:D:D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.