cleaning/polishing diamond cut alloys?

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
...how the F do you clean these without it misting up?????? ive tried auto glym ive tried maguires cleaning thingy and nothing can do it ...i dont get it ....do i try a polish?? what the problem is is that their nice but they mist up and look like their dirty when their clean and just had a wash

someone hellllp plz

(ive got wolfrace street octanes 2007)

thanks

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Alright mate,

I found on my polished rim wheels, best bet was to clean them using a sponge and car cleaner first. After that rinse with plenty of water, then to spray on the rim (while still wet) detailing spray wiping off with a Micro fibre cloth. Once dry use PoorBoys Wheel Sealant, using this lovely pink cream wipe all over the alloy in a thin layer. Once you layer one wheel, give it a mist of detailing spray and move onto the next wheel.. do this all the way round and when you come back to the first one again, just reapply the PoorBoys sealant again and repeat all the way round again.
Once that done wipe of the sealant with a clean micro fibre cloth and admire!!

That process i suggest for the first time you do it, so that the PoorBoys has two layers to protect from then on, so when you clean it next time you one have to coat them once. Only every 3 months do i give them 2 coats.

This will stop them misting and also keep them clean thou the Salt grit and also day to day brake dust damage, as the sealant stops the superheated brake dust marking your alloys also....

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I've been doing something similar and can confirm it works a treat.

Wash with meguiars car shampoo and old soft sponge
Apply meguiars cleaner wax and polish off.
Apply jeffs acrylic and buff off.

The polished rim stays nice and clean and comes up lovely every wash. Apply the sealant once every 2 or 3 washes to keep the protection up.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.