• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Clean the inside of headlight without removing

mirceaculita

May 1, 2024
Romania
Hello,

I need to clean water marks from inside de headlight and I don’t want to remove it crom the car.
Did someone manage to clean it in any way? Maybe manage to get a magnet in there and scrub it or anything?

Thanks!

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Hello,

I need to clean water marks from inside de headlight and I don’t want to remove it crom the car.
Did someone manage to clean it in any way? Maybe manage to get a magnet in there and scrub it or anything?

Thanks!
Planning on doing mine at somepoint. I have purchased neodymium magnets and sticky felt tape to cover them. Also attach some braid to the magnet to remove easily from inside headlight. Hoping to use isopropyl alcohol so it evaporates quick.

mirceaculita

May 1, 2024
Romania
Planning on doing mine at somepoint. I have purchased neodymium magnets and sticky felt tape to cover them. Also attach some braid to the magnet to remove easily from inside headlight. Hoping to use isopropyl alcohol so it evaporates quick.
Well i just did mine. It was hell. I got a claw thingy on an arm to fish the sponge in the headlight. The place it comes out is just above the low beam chrome plastic, under the turn signal(for non facelift). My sponge/magnet/felt contraption is 1cm in width, maybe even less. It somehow got in, but when it came to removing it it was so ******* hard. Luckly my claw arm thingy is pretty elastic and I managed (after an hour of almost going insane) to move the sponge ALL THE WAY to the inside above the first led for the low beam. There I managed to do some ******* acrobatics to spin the ******* sponge somehow, at this point I can say Jesus himself came down and took the sponge and moved it past the low beam chrome thingy. I might try again with a very very small magnet. From what I've seen the entire thing should be less or at least half a cm to be able to fit kinda ok and not risk having it stuck there.
1729160016295.png

1729160037074.png

I did manage to clean 80% of the headlight. My thingy was to big to fit all the way in the corners or edges. I'll see if my OCD kills me with the way it is now and decide if i'll do it again.