• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 23/24 Charging

Nollie

Aug 18, 2022
Lincolnshire
Hi, I have looked through the threads and I haven't found 'the thing'... I don't think
I have an issue with charging my Formentor PHEV.
The 'book' says it should charge fully to offer circa 37 mile radius.
I am on Octopus Smart Charge 1130 - 0530 cheap rate, but does occasionally charge outside parameters
The charge time in the car is set to 1130 - 0730 (depart time) with no aircon etc set
The Octopus App is set to charge to 100% (I have tried various permutations)
The issue I have, no matter how much charge I try to acheive, is that my car is only charging to offer a range of Max 23 miles
Has anyone else had this issue, as I cannot see anything obvious.... it is very frustrating that the car is only charging to 62% and I am having to charge every oyher day?

CupraOnForm

Jan 12, 2022
I have not experienced that. I’m on Octopus Go tariff which is 12:30 - 5:30. The charger is set up to charge within that time as is the car. Have you checked how much it is charging in your charger? Mine does charge at a reduced rate over the cheap period but it is always fully charged when I come to it in the morning. There is a reduced charging rate option in the car too - I presume that is unchecked? Have you charged elsewhere to rule out a genuine issue with the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk