Changing front discs/ pads and rear shoes

oakley

Guys,

I'm changing the front discs/ pads and rear shoes tomorrow.

I know the basics but is there a guide available anywhere for doing this work to Ibiza 1.2SX?

Anything I need to be wary of?

Thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
type too fast *piston* is what i meant

Well you're not alone there I'm afraid!!

Back to topic, buy a Polo 9N or Fabia Haynes manual - that will keep you right!

BTW, I'd imagine that all the rear shoes would need is a general clean up.

Make sure that you buy quality pads ie Pagid etc and maybe ATE (from ECP) discs.

Oh, and no windback tool needed - its only used on the rear Lucas callipers and you have drum brakes on the rear - so just spend the windback tool money on a Haynes manual.

oakley

Thanks for the tips there guys.

Didn't get a chance to look at your replies until after doing the work on the car, so was doing it a a bit blind.

Turned out to be an easy job and also a job that was a bit pre-mature!! Front pads and discs were fine with plenty of meat left. One pad was only making around 75% contact right enough but wasnt really needing changed. I had the discs and pads so just got them swapped over. 15 mins a corner!! I just used a screwdriver to lever open the pistons.

At the rear it was same again! Shoes look practically new despite being 37000 miles old. Just cleaned them up and will take the parts back for a refund.

At least I will know whats required next time I have to do them.

I'm a bit annoyed at the SEAT garage for saying I needed everything replaced. As suspected, it wasn't required!!

Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.