Car Stereo "2 SAFE" message

ultimateangling

Hi Guys

I unfortunately had a problem with my alternator last week which had to be fixed but in doing so they disconnected my battery and my stereo needs the code entering to activate.

I got the code wrong and now all it shows is the number "2" followed by the word "SAFE". Its been like this for the past 3 days. According to the manual there is a safety timeout to protect the stereo but surely this should have elapsed by now and I can enter my code again?

Anyone got an idea how long these timeouts are? The manual is pretty useless and does not tell me this kind of useful information. All it says is keep turn the stereo off but keep it connected to the battery. If I dont know how long the elapse time is how do I know when I can re-try the code?

I've a 02 plate Leon Cupra 20vt and its the standard multichanger stereo that came with it.

Cheers

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
You need to keep the key in the ignition all the while. If you turn the radio off by removing the key, you have to start all over again.

So take a cup of tea out there, and a good book, and have a nice listen to the radio for a few hours.

Simon.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
ok here is how you do it
i had the EXACT same problem before xmas
you need to-;
1. get in the car turn the ignition on so radio comes on
2.turn ignition off again so everything goes off
3.just turn the radio on manually with your hand
4.leave for 1 HOUR

when you come back it will be asking you for the code
if its an aura and your sure you have the right code type in the code and press PROG iirc

i had this problem as i was typing in the wrong code, only after a few goes i realised the code i was putting in was for the original stereo and the previous owner had it replaced under warranty, so i found another code and it worked

let us know how you get on but that is how you solve the timeout problem
1 hour left on with no key

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.