Car seems slower after KO3's fitment

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Hey guys, My mate fitted a KO3's to my MK3 today along with a forge TIP i bought. It just does'nt seem right, and I'm on here to ask why.

Engine spec of my car =

Jabbsport stage 1 generic map
Forge recirc DV
Jetex cat back
Dynatwist
N249 bypass

Fitted today = KO3's + Forge TIP

It just seems so laggy now (almost seems like there isn't a turbo until 4.5k or 5k), and has no pick up at all :wtf: . Could this be down to it needing remapped to suit the KO3's? If so:- I am getting a blueflame d/p cat, and FMIC then getting a Jabba custom map after that anyway.

I had my mates MK4 cupra while he was fitting my K03's, and his has a milltek d/p + cat and a 4bar fpr with revo stage 2 and it just goes like stink, wheelspin/torque steer and it just takes off.

HELP! Thanks in adavnce.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
as far as i know you definately need the exhasut and downpipe sorted and will need another map for the K03s. that's why it will be feeling sluggish. i'm sure others with more knowledge will be able to help better.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
run it in a lower boost state unless it's mapped for the greater airflow of the k03s... the potential to run lean is pretty great

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
that's why i'm resisitng fitting my K03s until i get the intercooler all on and booked in for mapping. can it damage the car?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
.... but running it on a 'tuned' map without suitable changes to the fuelling isn't a good idea - not the same as running std boost

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
So it will be ok so long as I stay off boost as much as possible? How can I make it run less boost meanwhile without a remap?

Last edited:

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
When i put my K03s on i was running a generic map ( revo stage 1 ) and it drove beautifully, how have you piped in waste gate actuator as K03 has 2 pipes and K03s has just one.

Should be running fine mate. Its more like a installation problem rather than software.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yes. Pics......

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

The pipe going alone to the actuator is ontop of the valve on the left of the picture.

Does this look right?

:no:

usually goes via solenoid unless you have deliberately bypassed it.

I suspect plumbing is wrong.

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Here is a picture to show where all the vacuum pipes are going from and to.
Is everyone elses the same? (the pic shows the actuator one going from red to black vac hose)

IMG_1448edit.jpg

Any comments welcome.

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Unsure off the top of my head, but if you bring it down one night we could compare to mine. (Even though it is a K03)

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Actually, looking at that pic... one of the pipes form the N75 is supposed to feed back into the TIP near the MAF... maybe it is piped up wrongly.

Do you have a boost gauage? what boost is it making?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise