• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Car mats

IrnBru

I bought by Leon 'used' and it has some nasty plastic car mats in them which are doing their best to kill me. They say "Leon" on them and are the correct shape, however the black plastic bit which is suppost to click onto the footwell carpet doesn't quite fit the part they're suppost to clip onto.

This mean they move around and usually end up underneith the pedals which isn't great when you're trying to brake.

So.... what carpet mats would you recommend. Where from and how much? I'm worried about buying just anything on the web in case they don't clip on correctly like the last set.

PawnStar

I got my mats from Seat directly, they fitted perfectly, and haven't given me an issue. The red matches my car, and it all looks good.. strange to hear you're having trouble with yours...

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
got some mats from the dealers for £30 when i bought my car last august, 16.5k miles later and the heel pad has worn a hole through.

will be looking around for some new ones soon, but AFAIK theyre the only one with holes to fit the fixings in the carpet.

DANNY H

Mar 27, 2006
Ipswich
Genuine SEAT ones, with red stitching around the outside and red LEON logo. Got mine with the car but don't think they cost all that much anyway. They fit perfect.

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
DANNY H said:
Genuine SEAT ones, with red stitching around the outside and red LEON logo. Got mine with the car but don't think they cost all that much anyway. They fit perfect.

I got these with the car too -they cost ~ £30. They're never free, if dealers made enough profit on the sale they'll throw them in for what is loosely termed as 'free' if not you'll have to pay for them.

LEON_ZGB1M5061225.jpg

Part Number: ZGB1M5061225
Description: Luxury Carpet Mats
Model Application: Leon 1999 > 2004
Information: Black
Detail: Stud & cap fixing type > 2004
Price (RRP): £ 29.99

Jib 21

Aug 7, 2005
Lowdham, Nottingham
CH1 said:
I got these with the car too -they cost ~ £30. They're never free, if dealers made enough profit on the sale they'll throw them in for what is loosely termed as 'free' if not you'll have to pay for them.

LEON_ZGB1M5061225.jpg

ooh i like them...
I ot some weird things with red & black piping round outside with my Leon R

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
Jib 21 said:
ooh i like them...
I ot some weird things with red & black piping round outside with my Leon R

yeah the black carpet with black piping do look good, but i think they have the round hole fixings whereas the later ones have oval

IrnBru

Thanks for the input guys. The dealer price isn't actually that bad. May take a look

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
CH1 said:

LEON_ZGB1M5061225.jpg

What rubbish, what do you mean they are never free?! people dont haggle hard enough then...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.