• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Car Mats

FINN

Nov 21, 2006
Northern Ireland - Belfast
Hi all,

I’ve been about for a while but only as a spectator but I hope you will be able to help me out with this question.

Was bought a set of car mats for my Leon, A 1.9tdi S (2004) from a SEAT main dealer. Tried to fit them today but they wont fit. [:@] I have done a search of the forum and discovered that SEAT have changed the design of the carpet fixings for the later 2004 model year cars. :shrug:

My car has the oval type fittings but the mats I have are the round type. Does anyone know if I can get a set of mats from SEAT that will have this oval fitting?

Thanks in advance.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
let me know what there like fella? are they the push in type of clip or the one's where you twist them in place? if there the push in type i may be interested!!

FINN

Nov 21, 2006
Hi Stretch,

The mats that my sister bought me for Christmas are black with black trim and and red LEON logo on the drivers mat. These come with the push type fitting and cost £30 all in from your dealer. They look good in the car and fit well into the footwell as they are designed to fit. The only bad news for me is that the clips that are fitted to my car are the twist oval type.

The mats that have a chequered design in the corner closest the seat have the oval type fitings however I think they are only available in yellow or red, as my car is blue don't think it would suit.

My only hope is that you can buy the oval clips from the dealers. Anyway I will let you know when they open.

FINN

Nov 21, 2006
Well folks an update as promised.

Went to SEAT and they have supplied the wrong mats. Thay are going to exchange them for the mats with the twist lock oval type fittings. Only problem is the new mats will have a red trim round the edge so I will have to get the black spray paint out:rolleyes:

So if you do happen to order mats, check the type of fitting and make sure the correct mats are ordered.

Cheers,
FINN :wave:

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Well folks an update as promised.

Went to SEAT and they have supplied the wrong mats. Thay are going to exchange them for the mats with the twist lock oval type fittings. Only problem is the new mats will have a red trim round the edge so I will have to get the black spray paint out:rolleyes:

So if you do happen to order mats, check the type of fitting and make sure the correct mats are ordered.

Cheers,
FINN :wave:

these are the ones that are about £30 if you paid anymore get your change!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.