• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Car Mats. Wow!

syelad

Hello All,

Just picked up my new facelifted Leon FR today from Irfan. Massive thanks to M1 for all thier help.:D

Quick question, does anyone know if the genuine mats are the same as from the pre face lifted Leons?

Cheers!

syelad

I never even thought to ask. :blink:

I found some FR mats on cyberspares. Not genuine but they look okay....

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Go for the originals - you'll save money in the long run as they'll last a lot longer! Mine have been in for 40K miles now and still in good condition. In my old car I struggled to make cheap ones last more than a couple of months!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I got a set from a place on Ebay.. Black mats with a red outline and an FR badge on them! :)

They're still in very good condition after 12k miles!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Pfft.. I'll take a photo tomorrow, they actually look pretty good! :)

Edit: These are the ones..

Linky

Linky 2

However, I asked them not to put the metal bit in the middle and they put a harder wearing piece of material there instead with a red border.

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Pfft.. I'll take a photo tomorrow, they actually look pretty good! :)
However, I asked them not to put the metal bit in the middle and they put a harder wearing piece of material there instead with a red border.

I'd leave it there, the material still wears through. I fitted some chequered plate to my mats over 18 months ago and still is as good as new. I worn through that material in less than 4 months. :redface:

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I thought the metal looked a bit tacky myself.. Have had the car 11 months and done 12k miles and the mats are still in good condition. :)

the_mattster

just get good quality mats, i agree with some others, they will last longer!

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)