Car has been manufacture but we`re not able to deliver it!

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
Hi guys,

there is one unpleasant experience I`d like to share with you since I havent noticed anyone else having the same problem (hopefully). I`ve ordered my car (Cupra ST) during summer holidays this year with estimated delivery in the middle of October. Everything went according to the plans, the car was produced and delivered to central Seat warehouse in our country on 30th of October. So I was quite happy and expected to get the car in next few days (takes 2 hours drive from warehouse to showroom) but what a surprise. Called dealer every third day and always got the same answer, we`ll let you know in two days. Finally today I`ve stopped being so friendly so dealer admited that the true reason for this delay is their lack of money to buy the car from Seat! They dont know when the car will arrive to their showroom, probably in next two-three weeks! The car is already waiting for three weeks so in total we`re talking about 1,5 months from warehouse to showroom and even that is not confirmed! Isnt it ridiculous situation???

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
Pull out!!! Have a look at leasing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accy187

Sep 11, 2015
Would second the leasing - I only ever lease cars.

I ordered my 280 on the 26th October and collect it next Tuesday.

Seat quoted me over £8k deposit and monthly payments of £279 0%APR (with balloon after 36 months) to buy.

I got the lease via same dealer, £1,160 down, £279 a month (which covers servicing, maintenance and road fund license during term).

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
Actually the`ve told me now that if the car was on lease or financed it would have been delivered already but since its cash payment and I am selling them my old car, its a hit for their cash flow. Anyway, if they cant afford buying the cars, they shouldnt be selling them at all, really bad experience :( Even the salesperson seemed upset and told me that he cant influence on what is paid and when, just owners are deciding it.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Sounds well dodgy.get yournoneyback and take it elsewhere. Or ring SEAT's head office in your country and find out if the car has actually been delivered .....

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
Sorry but if a dealer can't afford to buy a car then that tells me they're not going to be around much longer tbh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
I am going to call Seat next week to inform them about the excellent services their official dealer is providing. Its not going to change anything most probably but maybe they`ll push it a bit from their side. Its a sad story knowing the car is being parked closeby and I cant use it :(

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
Yes, its Carnova in Brno. I`ve chosen them because they were very helpfull during the whole purchase process, allowed more test drives and knew the cars quite well, nothing was actually problem but this is a very nasty surprise at the end. Seems like a bad luck, the sales guy told me they`ve received so many new cars in this shipment that they`re simply not able to finance it quickly :(

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
Hi guys,

Just an update for those interested in this story and warning for possible customers of Carnova. A friend of mine has a friend working directly at the Seat importer office so gave him a call to ask about my situation. When mentioned the Carnova dealer he got the picture and said that Seat is aware about this situation and that it’s indeed a serious problem. Carnova is having difficulties not only with cash flow but money in general and that I am not the only one in this situation. So I`ve told them that this is a very interesting story for media which I am going to publicize right away and that this will have impact not only on Carnova but Seat brand in general in our country. To whom else should people trust when buying a new car if not official dealer??? Their feedback was that I should wait few days while they try to push it from their side and solve the problem. So it seems like Seat office is indeed interested in this story and is trying to help. We`ll see in a few days.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise