dcmini

hey guys

don't know which one to go for the 1.4 sport :D or the 1.9 TDI PD Sport :p

both have they pros and cons

which one would you guys say was the better one out of the two

wez

kris_tdi

Mar 26, 2007
its faster than my old 2.5 tdi audi a4 :) does about 48 to the gallon, and looks understated :)

Deleted member 13581

I would say TDi aswell.

Again, i might be biased but having owned one for a year i am really happy with it.

The performance, economy and fun factor when you put the foot down is great.

A few tasteful mods like a remap, PD160 intake and Green Panel filter are the best £ for £ you could do.

At the end of the day, its your choice.

But get the diesel!! :lol:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
tdi, no contest as engines go, the 1.4 is really pants unless it's the 100 bhp one

just buy yourself some ear muffs so you can't hear it tick over :p

dcmini

whats the best way to get most of the bhp of the 1.9 e.g bigger turbos ect....

mattcogg1981

Dec 21, 2006
Burnham on sea, Somerset
Quite knew to this game but the tdi is really tuneable. Start by changing the air filter to a performance product then uprate the intake to a PD160. Both really simple mods you can do yourself and relatively cheap! Then of course you can go on to the bigger stuff such as re-mapping etc. But be careful not to just worry about the bhp - I have decided I am going to start with the brakes by uprating them to 312mm.

dcmini

yeah i know what you mean would have to upgrade a few things

so air filter are they replacement ones or the cone one and which make is the best for seat and does it give it bit more of grunt when driving

Deleted member 13581

Ive go the green panel filter and its a straight swap for the original. Ive coupled it with the PD160 intake. Simple and easy mods to start with.

MK8

I would say go for the tdi and im a 1.4 owner (75ps)!!! 1.4 engine really is gutless, no power at all, youll get beaten by all the 1.25 fiestas etc. petrol engines are nice to rag when you can get the revs high etc, but it doesnt really do much for the 1.4, just sounds louder! lol

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
LOL everyone who has said so far derv have all got dervs.... coinkydink i think not.

I fell in love the tdi they day i tested it... then had a 1.4 courtesy car and in summary all i have to say is tdi.. did i mention tdi...

Oh and if you can go that far get the fr.... that 130 bhp is fantastic i'll never forget teh first time i gave it some beans and thought bloody hell this is a weasil... LOL.

H

PS

TDI

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
The amount of petrol SCN members that are switching for diesels is crazy at the minute, I'd take their hint and buy the derv.

I'd be looking for a used 1.9 TDI DAB special edition, they're improved over the Sport model and less money.

MichalR

Sep 2, 2006
Bromley, London
Id say go for the 1.4...Ive got the 100bhp version and its pretty nippy for a 1.4 and it does around 35-40mpg.
I drove the 75bhp Ibiza and it was quite slow compared to mine so if you do go for the lil 1.4 go for the 1.4 sport.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi there i would say their is no contest what so ever,

Tdi is faster, tdi does better MPG, TDI is 10 times more tunable & has better re-sale value if you got for a 1.4 and your thinking of tuning it the problem is their isn't much you can do there is no turbo to wind up whereas the tdi the potential is huge you could really go mad and uprate everything and get a big turbo :) i would say try go for a 130bhp if you can though makes tuning a bit better/easier

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Another vote for the derv. If you don't mind the idle clatter (which you get used to), you'll get the benefit of extra torque, more mpg, tuning potential and better resale value.

Whichever you get though you'll probably have the same common faults - eg driver's mirror windnoise, misted headlamps.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i would say the derv to i made the change from the 1.4 i wouldt but my 1.4 back even tho it sounded ace with the fr exhaust... the tdi is so much better and is so much smoother the 130 sport is prob the one you want unless u can afford the 130 Fr..

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i really dont like biggin up the derv peeps as it all goes to there ego's but the 1.4 really wont match the derv in any aspect definatly the pd130!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise