can someone give me some cleaning advice to restore my paint?

iain 325isport

as ive seen so far many people suffer with faded yellow cars as i found out after buying mine just over a week ago.

a first thought running through my head was to try and get a blow over respray but after seeing some of the lads work on here with claying and polishing/waxing etc i was intrigued!

im looking to but a clar bar but with so many ranges i have no idea what to go for. ive been looking at so many different brands from meguiars to zymol and have no idea what to go for. obviuosly budget comes into this and i dont have a massive budget so am looking for something mid priced but good quality so an all rounder really.

any suggestions?

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Best bet, pop to the local Halfruad & get the following:

Meguiars Clay kit
Meguiars 3 stage #1
Meguiars 3 stage #2
Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax

Give it a good wash & use the above in the order listed. After claying some folk like to wash the car again, I find its not needed & a waist of your time, stage 1 &2 will remove any residue left anyway.

Make sure you cut the clay bar in half or 3, if you drop it, its bolloxed, & trust me, you will :(

Use plent of lube when claying, if you use all the Quick Detailer supplied, drop a table spoon or two of shampoo in the bottle & add water, it'll work the same.

Hope that helps

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members