• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Can i upgrade standard security to CAT 1?

L3DNT

Hi all

Title says it all really, as i understand it, the standard fit alarm/immob. on my 2001 1.8T Leon does not meet Thatcham approval requirements.

Now i know i could have some fancy aftermarket set up installed, but id rather upgrade the standard kit. Ive asked SEAT but apparently they dont do it.

Anyone else looked into this?

Thanks all for any help

L3DN

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
mines 2002 and cat 1 as well. Think when i needed to check if it was cat 1 i did a search on here to a link to a website somewhere came up and think all leons are cat 1 certified

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Only after a certain year I think!

There was a link on here not long back that showed all the approval levels. Will see if I can find it............

L3DNT

Thanks all, at least i can be sure the immob. is approved.

Everyone will have their own opinions of what manufacturer and security fitter is the best, but does anyone have any actual first hand experience of an aftermarket system that works well on Leons?

Ive had bad experiences before with aftermarket systems, esp Sigma.

Ive always thought that a workshop based fitter would be better than a mobile bloke who has to rush off to his next job??

Im tempted by a tracker but, as the cars only worth 3k ish, im not sure its worth it?

I live in Uxbridge, Middlesex (Bucks border) if anyone wants to recommend.

Cheers all

L3DN