Can anyone suggest a Wax please

Stalwart

I got a new Ibiza that I was looking to wax up. I have a very minor scratch on the hood that I wouldn't mind hiding either. Price doesn't matter on this one either.

Anyone have an idea for a hard wearing wax that may even help fend off the nasty road rocks, bugs, tar, ect....?

I hear Mags have a nice range. Maybe the Gold Wax, or the NXT gen wax?

I would love to find something that doesn't leave the white behind as well. I'm always hitting the trim and it stays white forever.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Have a little search, there's lots of recommendations in this section.

Fish

Stalwart

I have done a search, but with so many products and different paints and uses I thought I should ask.

I would hate to use a hard abrasive on new paint, or wax that would discolour clearcoat.

mattbeef

Apr 10, 2007
Sheffield
you cant wax a scratch out you need to polish it out with something like T-cut or scratch x by hand.

if you want a hard wearing wax the collinite is the way to go

Stalwart

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to go buy some Collinite today.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Collinite 476s is the daddy IMO, last up to 6 months.

As for polish, dont use T-cut as it is very harsh and sucks

Menzerna Intensive polish is a very good polish that will take out light marks by hand, and medium to heavy swirling via a buffer [like a Porter cable]

Follow the polish up with something like MEguiars #7 show car glaze and then the collintie and your on to a winner.

But first dont use a sponge or a chamois as the damage the paint badly. GEt your self 2 buckets and s decent wash mitt and a waffle weave towel for drying.

have a look at the site sponsors for some great deals.

Cheers

toptotz

Here's Jonny...
Aug 26, 2007
Blackpool
you wanna try some auto glym bumper care & repair for takin the polish off your black bits...i only found out about it a few weeks ago & ended up spendin hours doin all the black trim inside & out - it's fookin amazin stuff AND it helps stop your door seals leakin too :)