Bridgestone Turanza's

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Ah my lucks just got so much worse this week, my back left tyre decided to rupture today, Bloody crap quality brittish roads, hit a pot hole with a drain cover inside it and it made a lovely noise....

So anyhoo, I need to get myself a new Bridgestone Turanza 205/45R16 [83W] Tyre, the current ones on the car have been there for 7k miles, so i'm thinking if i use a new one then it will be a little odd?

Got myself a claim form, so hopefully get some of the money back from the council atleast..

Can't say changing a tyre at 8am in the dark is fun..

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
At least you got 7K from yours. I picked up a puncture on the very edge of the tread/side wall and had to be replaced after 1500 miles.

you could always buy one new one and then have the spare tyre fitted to an alloys (if you have them) and put the tyre with 7K on the spare wheel. Keeps the tread the same on the axles.

auto...emocion

when i bought my seat i popped 2 bridgestones in a couple of months, so i swapped to cheaper dunlop tyres with rim protectors and ive got to say it was one of my better ideas

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Well phoned around and got a price of £90 fitted, i think when the others wear down i might rethink the tyre idea, they have got good reviews for the amount of miles you can get out of them, but they are bloody awful in the snow / ice, my car won't go up my street in the snow or ice, so i have to use the polo!

However they are ace grip for corners / at speed etc, never felt anything wrong with them.

Just 360 for a set is a bit ott...

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I hated the Turanzas on my original Ibiza. They were rock hard and really didn't grip at all in both the wet and the dry. I remember them being so bad that I almost lost the back end going round a roundabout at 5mph in the snow once. :rolleyes:

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
I hated the Turanzas on my original Ibiza. They were rock hard and really didn't grip at all in both the wet and the dry. I remember them being so bad that I almost lost the back end going round a roundabout at 5mph in the snow once. :rolleyes:

Yeah my car slides a hell of a lot in the snow / ice, almost lost it yesterday going round a roundabout, however i find i can easily go at 40 round a roundabout in the dry / warmer days with no problem with traction etc.

What tyres did you move to coyote? or did you never change them? I was looking at the Eagle 1's but they only last like 8k miles....

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
What tyres did you move to coyote? or did you never change them? I was looking at the Eagle 1's but they only last like 8k miles....

I think I got a pair Dunlop SP Sport 3000A before settling for the Uniroyal Rainsport 1 all round when the pair on the back finally wore away many many many thousands of miles later.

I'm still not sure what to replace the Neros with on my Cupra when they go though as I'm not overly impressed with these either.

John-Cupra_TDI

Aug 27, 2007
Near Glasgow
At least you got 7K from yours. I picked up a puncture on the very edge of the tread/side wall and had to be replaced after 1500 miles.

same thing happened to me after 3K, lucky the cupra has a spare alloy. lol Just need to get a new tyre ordered now, a flat spare is no use. lol

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I replaced 2 of mine with TOYO T1-r's which were highly rated on here and which I findmuch better than the Nero's fitted as std. When my other 2 Neros go (now on the front) i'll be putting on the Falken FK452's - again highly rated on here and much cheapness!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
im going for toyo proxies 4's as i have a slight boldness on one of my front tyres :( just one! the other one is fine :s shame the spare is an 205/45/16 insted of a 205/40/17 :( but if i had to use this isent it illegal as havin two different size wheels on the same axel?

Last edited:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Only illegal to have 2 different sized tyres as far as I know. As John-Cupra says, the rolling radius is probably the same as the wheel is smaller but the tyre wall larger. If it's a space saver type, they are only meant to be used to get you back home after a puncture.

Its nice to have a spare Cupra alloy :) And I think Toyo T1-Rs are over-rated...they aren't that good when its proper wet, only when it's kind of damp imo.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
www.bebo.com
its a full size steelie.... toyo T1-R's are good i had no probs with them going throuh alot of water but then i only ad my 1.4 with these tyres on... going for the 4's next with my Fr... :) and now i have them on my golf :D

Last edited:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
They are better than the P-Zeros but I'm still after something will lots of grip. Maybe mine have just worn down too much :p Proxes 4s are proabbly better but I love the tread pattern on the T1-Rs

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Is it just me, or are these Turanzas really hard to find in the 205/45/R16 size? I've only ever been able to get them from my local tyre place and he's always had to order them in as they seem to be rare. Got a problem now though, I'm 350 miles from home at a friends place and have a screw in my right rear. I would put the spare on, but that's the repaired left rear that suffered the same fate last year. I've been doing some searching online and can't find these tyres at any of the fitting places or at least the Bridgestone version of that size. And I'm reluctant to put a different make on one corner of that car, as I was under the impression that was a bad idea?

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
www.bebo.com
they might be hard to get but i didt like them when i had them myself, if so why not change the tyres on the rear right and the spare then put the two new ones on? if there the same wheel that is... then at least u will have a spare again... :)

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
To be honest, I've only got them because they were the ones on the car and I honestly don't have a clue about tyres, so I just did the same again. :redface: On my 4th set of Turanzas on the front though(including the originals) and they're good for 20,000 miles.

I do have a spare, but I'm reluctant to use it for a 350 mile 6 hour journey as it's a repaired one. It'd be ok if I was just going to work or something local, but I'm down in Bucks at the moment and obviously need to go back eventually. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.