breakdown cover

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
okay, i know it's bad i don't know but (thankfully) i've never had a breakdown and can't find anything in my car pack. i bought a leon new october 04 so it's now 3+ years old but is under 36k miles. am i still covered by any sort of rac / aa assistance or not?

Hudds

Feb 12, 2007
Huddersfield
I wouldn't think so, unless you have taken out your own, as you only get 3 years cover when bought brand new, so i think the answer to your question is..NO!

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
There was a period when SEAT were selling cars with 5 years cover - can't remember the dates but a phone call wouldn't hurt to check - 0500 222222

Scamps

My car is was registered in September 2004 and has 5 years cover, so odds on yours is too....:funk:

Dealers didn't have a clue when i asked recently and said that the cars were never sold with 5 years cover, but I was told it was 5 years when I bought the car.
When i called the assistance phone number, they confirmed it was 5 years.

Used it once and it was RAC Gold cover. Very good service :D

Hudds

Feb 12, 2007
Huddersfield
Wow, you learn somthing new very day! I'll be checking this out then, was under the impression I would haft to buy my own cover at 3 years, but fingers crossed I won't!

Sorry for giving what seems to be wrong information further up the thread, my mistake!

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
My RAC cover is only about £9 a month, its worth getting it anyway

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
...Thatll be the timing on the posting then! Im not an RAC salesman. Thanks for pointing out the flaw in my argument Leigh!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.