Boost Troubles

akjw88

Didnt know where to post this (section wise) Basicaly i had a problem the other day, a coil pack went on the LCR and i replaced it with a new 1, problem solved! Today i was driving along, went into boost and it judered and the engine light came on flashing, then turnd off when i was driving normally not on boost. Everytime i put my foot down to say 3.5k revs the engine light pops on flashing and is now on consistanly and flashes when boost kicks in. Im very annoyed at this and dont have a clue. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Another coil pack, as its common for coil packs to go one after another been repalced, recoomend you keep a spare.

akjw88

Last time though it was juddering consistantly, this time its only when in boost. Good suggestion though, will look into it.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yes agree, flashing engine light on acceleration means misfire.

You have another coil pack on its way out im afraid.

Very common when 1 goes, they all eventually go :(

akjw88

Yeah you was both right. My 3rd one along, most awkward one to replace lol But all sorted now. Where is the best place to buy coil packs?

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
local motor factors or eurocarparts are quite good, if you want OEM then obviously go to stealers but pay a packet. What reg is your car? As you have 5 years warranty on coil packs from Seat as they are such a common problem, i had one of mine replaced a day before the warranty ran out.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.