Boost gauge readings

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
Fitted my boost gauge today

Teed it off the DV vac hose

On idle, its sitting at about-0.8 bar, is this normal??

In gear, full throttle,it goes up to 1.5 bar and then starts to tail off to about 0.9 bar eventually

does this sound right for a revod 1.8 20vT cupra?

it doesnt seem to hold at any sort of specific point, like im led to believe it should, it goes right up to 1.4/5 bar then slowly creeps right down

is this normal, or is the OEM dump valve leaking boost away??

only mods are the revo and the boost gauge!

is it worth changing the N75 for a J, and doing the N249 bypass?

cheers

stu

Last edited:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Figures sound about right but I don't know when it's supposed to tail off. Revo is quite a peaky map so could just be normal. Get a Forge 007P or Split-R before you do the N249 bypass as it will mess things up if the stock recirc valve diaphram goes.

Matt_TDI

Apr 8, 2007
stock dv's are shocking. like has been said get either 007p, split-r, or the hyperboost recirc valve. it should hold boost not tail off quickly and i'd have said not tail off to 0.9 bar

Matt_TDI

Apr 8, 2007
should do, stock dv's are prone to leaking an uprated one should be fine. removing n249 may/may not make any difference but it wont be controlled by the ecu then so no chance of it opening up on boost unless you have a weak spring fitted. uprate the n75 valve for a leon cupra r item and see if that helps. also, have you seen how restrictive and small your downpipe and tip is ;)

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
yeah, next mods are a forge TIP,cold air induction and then milltek cat back

im holding fast on the downpipe, as in a few months my mate is upgrading his K04 on his TT, so ill have that complete with 3" downpipe!

IbitzaCV130

i got the forge sbl bov . my boost guage sitting on the vac when in nutral . when the boost gets in normaly at 2.5-3 rpm . i got 1.4 BAR ( 19-18 PSI) peak
falling to 1.2 bar 17 PSI.

Last edited by a moderator: