• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Bleeding the radiator

Jonzy

Ive always bleed the system by leaving the car idle for 20-30 mins with the cap off the header tank.

Sometimes had to drive round the block and then release the pressure.

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Hi,

Never done it on my seat (yet), but on my old car i basically set it to about 3,500rpm, most of the air can be seen bubbling up to the header tank. Give the water pipes a squeeze as well to force any trapped air, watch out tho they get very hot. I do believe that there a bleed valves as well along the way.

James

andycupra

status subject to change
it may not have bleed valves.
it may be self bleeding. ie just poor into the expansion tank.
something to do with how its designed. thought i dont actually know on the ibiza.
i do know the corrado was self bleeding. (after i spent time looking for the bleed valve myself)

what makes you think it may have air in the system? is it over heating?
it could be the water pump.

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
YOur probs looking at water pump failure as the lack of hot air could be the water not circulating around the system advised not driving it n gettin the water pump checked? Do the cooling pipes get hot from both sides of the radiator?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.