• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Bleeding Brakes

cupraian

After doing some work on my brakes over the weekendI need to bleed my brake system. I have an 02 reg Leopn Cupra by the way

After doing the work and bleeding the rear calipers I had no pedal at all:scary: Then after doing a search on here I found out that I needed to have the engine running to open the ABS valve. I did this and now have have around 2-3 inches of travel in the pedal before it bites which wasn't there last week. Once it does bite though it feels as it used to.

After doing another search I now think I need to bleed the master cylinder.

I've been bleeding using the pedal pump method (only using half the pedal travel as advised by other members to avoid rolling m/c seals), but there seems to be conflicting views on whether this is the best way and also if VAG-COM is needed (or not) to open the ABS valve.

I've also read somehwere that the only way to expell all the air from the rear calipers is to remove the cliper and tilt it in a different direction while bleeding it....

Can some one point me in the right direction. I feel really simple:doh:

gazjones

did you use a pressure bleeding system or by pressing the pedal i shanged my front brakes and used a pressure bleeding system ( gunsons ezy bleed) works of a spare tyre and ive not had any problems didnt need to do anything with the abs valve

cupraian

Cheers guys,

yeah I did use the pedal method as I've never had problems before.

I can only remember seeing one valve cordobabrendy but then again i didn't really look any further as it was in the usual place for a blead nipple. Can you remember where I need to be looking for the other or can anyon else shed any light.....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise