• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Bleeding Brakes on '99 Cupra 8v?

NickG

Hi,

Is there any trick to this or can you just do it as normal? Tried it today in this order:

right rear
left rear
right front
left front

as it says in haynes manual but got a spongy pedal. It mentioned something about load sensor valves but not sure if this model has them?

Maybe it's just a case of trying again, could still have air in system?

Also, changed a rear left brake sensor as I broke it, but now the abs light is on. Tried disconnecting battery for about an hour but its still on.

Cheers,

Nick

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
load valve may be up over the rear beam,my 1.816v had one(95) my cordoba sx 16v didn't(97)only need adjusting if you have lowered it,and if you have you may have experienced it already.back end bites harder as it thinks its loaded and adds more rear brake bias.
not sure but many have found air in the servo,theres a nipple on some of them,again not sure on specific models i'm afraid

NickG

cheers mate will have a look at servo. I bled them with car on ground anyway so the load was on it.

NickG

stu, no the engine wasn't running. Is that what I need to do? bleed them with the engine ticking over? Did consider it but it didn't say anything in haynes manual so I didn't do it! ...