Black gloss wrapped rear valance Speed Blue FR

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Just vinyl wrapped my rear valance today to match all the other gloss black bits on the car. Next thing on my list is to get a gloss black spoiler :)

CupraR1

The Future's Orange
Dec 27, 2005
Preston
Looks amazing. I was thinking of doing mine but was told the texture would come through. did you do it yourself and how easy was it taking the valance off or did you do iton the car?

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
I removed it before wrapping it. It's only held on by 6-8 torx screws on the bottom, then give it a firm pull.

You can't see the texture of the plastic through the black film. I decided not to wrap the valance completely as I got lots of creases in when I tried to.

So far I've done the front number plate surround, all door pillars and the rear valance all in sticky back plastic, Blue Peter would be proud. lol

In the long run I'll probably buy a new rear valance when I get the spoiler so I can get them both painted together.

Hopefully my UK legal pressed plates will arrive this week too as my standard plates are peeling away.

DBD19

Feb 9, 2011
love speed blue..... but then i would

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=324063

since those pics were taken i have has some serious wrapping done...and yes speed blue really does come alive then

will put up some pics soon on above link.

not gone for gloss wrap but for satin black...but same effect as you....NICE!

got following satin wrap done, front and rear badges, front grill so no chrome, front and rear quarter lights lights, and the roof....really makes as difference.

especially is you get your rear windows heavy tinted...which yes i have now...lol

and with wrapping its easy to reverse if you get bored or need to redo.....pwpro my favourite place

if you get anymore done up the pics love too see the progress

Last edited:

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Hi gadgetboy, did the rear bumper have to be removed first, so you could remove this lower plastic valence?

Didn't need to remove the bumper, took no time to remove.

Just wrapped my front badge.

Before:
333467751122533.jpg

After:
333467790480857.jpg

I'm now on a mission to remove all chrome bits from the card and go with the blue & black combo :D

couple more pics:

333467825173445.jpg

333467869153023.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
You thought about getting the front bumper lip done?

SeatCupranet-ScottishNationalMeetCrail12.jpg

Rear spoiler looks good :)

SeatCupranet-ScottishNationalMeetCrail8.jpg

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Hmmm. Doing the front lip does make quite a difference. Might give it ago over the weekend.

Spoiler and skirts look great too :)

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
Speed blue is lush like. I was in the SEAT garage in Durham at the weekend and they had a blue R in the showroom that I was drooling over - I could have been tempted too but with a new model due next year I had to drag myself away

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members