Black Diamond Disks and Pads on an LCR?

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Have been looking at these. Rimstyle are doing the discs and pads for the LCR at very competitive prices compaired to standard kit.

Wondering if anyone one here of them has any experience of running them on an LCR?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Looking at what mate? Cant see any discs on there site? The brake section on the site doesnt work for me. Do you need to be logged in?

I can pretty much bet that the discs they advertise as fitting the LCR are leon cupra discs and not brembo 323x28. They will be the 312mm discs.

So many companies do this its unreal

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Looking at what mate? Cant see any discs on there site? The brake section on the site doesnt work for me. Do you need to be logged in?

I can pretty much bet that the discs they advertise as fitting the LCR are leon cupra discs and not brembo 323x28. They will be the 312mm discs.

So many companies do this its unreal

Phil (Empi5) and myself have both mailed them about the discs. I have specifically asked about the sizes and have just mailed again to double check.

It does seem that most places come back with the wrong sizes though.

Will post with their response.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I have spoken to Gary at Rimstyle again and the quote he gave Phil and myself was for the 312mm - as that's the largest disc Black Diamond have listed. :(

He is going to contact Black diamond to see if they could do the larger LCR disc - although I'l not sure about pads as the'll be larger also - but I assume the Brembo calliper on the LCR is a standard size?

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
i deal with Black Diamond through work and keep telling them that the listing for LCR is wrong!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT Leon 1.8 Turbo Cupra

They'll be 312mm only

@neil - technically they're "not wrong" - just misinformed for the UK market (EU and Mexico had Brembo's as a cost option)

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Dawn from Ted Johnson Seat (in their forum on here) quoted me £202 inc VAT for a set. That didn't include postage though.

I think that the standard price is something like £220 plus VAT.

Bill (Badger5) also supplies them.