big bhp for Cupra

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
some of us have slightly more than that ;)

K1's don't though they are the same as every other Cupra, (240bhp)

Not very factual that article.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yeah thats an old news artical that was not exactly accurate :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Not at the moment, considering options and saving money.

I want the suspension doing now more than anything else, has plenty enough performance for the moment.

Yeah I spoke to Keith who met you down at Awesome and saw your graph. Certainly looks impressive :)

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
Mine goes on this weekend or early next week :D
Keep us updated m8, and let us know if you see any improvements. I've considered the cooling set-up for my Cupra also, as the re-map can cause the temps to get into silly numbers in hot weather (and a heavy right foot).

I looked at Forge's TwinTercooler or whatever they call it, but it's pretty dam expensive...

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Keep us updated m8, and let us know if you see any improvements. I've considered the cooling set-up for my Cupra also, as the re-map can cause the temps to get into silly numbers in hot weather (and a heavy right foot).

I looked at Forge's TwinTercooler or whatever they call it, but it's pretty dam expensive...

I have some good inlet temperatures as things are already actually. Infact, I tested it back to back with a standard LCR with a forge front mount, and it was only 3oC higher on the same bit of road within 15 minutes of each other.

20% reduction would make it 4oC cooler than a stock LCR with a Forge Front Mount

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah I spoke to Keith who met you down at Awesome and saw your graph. Certainly looks impressive :)

Yer it's not bad, a little down on some of the Ed30's which is odd considering it's supposed to the be the same map. But they are looking into it. Different ECU numbers and not as much development on the Cupra code. Hopefully i'll help develop it further. ;)

However the curve is smooth as you like and the power delivery is ace. Prefer the stage 2 code to the stage 1, love the extra torque from the pump.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yer it's not bad, a little down on some of the Ed30's which is odd considering it's supposed to the be the same map. But they are looking into it. Different ECU numbers and not as much development on the Cupra code. Hopefully i'll help develop it further. ;)

However the curve is smooth as you like and the power delivery is ace. Prefer the stage 2 code to the stage 1, love the extra torque from the pump.

Yer - it seems that it is the must do modification.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
What kinda BHP/Torque figures are the stage 2 cars getting? I take it the car just pulls and pulls when the turbo cuts in?

The stage 2 code from Revo adjusts the delivery of boost comes to take advantage of modifications like a full exhaust and uprated intake. Therefore the mid range thump is ironed out a little and instead, there is an OEM type pull at the top end that is not present with stage 1.

It is not likely that there is much difference to stage 1 with regard to power and torque as the limiting factor is still the crap standard fuel pump. The graph would be different no doubt, but I have not seen one to confirm.

Bob will be stage 2+ any day now which is code designed to take advantage of the uprated fuel pump :). An uprated intercooler is suggested for stage 2+ though, but as can be seen above, Bob has that one in hand :)

Last edited:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Yes APR Stage 2 + APR Fuel Pump and the APR 3" Turbo back exhaust.

I'm sure i remember standing next to you less than 3 months ago and you said you had no plans for tuning it, you were happy with the power as it was .... hrrmm!!

Changed your mind quickly! ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'm sure i remember standing next to you less than 3 months ago and you said you had no plans for tuning it, you were happy with the power as it was .... hrrmm!!

Changed your mind quickly! ;)

Nope lets be accurate Tam, you stood next to me at the end of April and asked me if I had any plans to tune it. My answer at the time was not presently. I was not in a rush to tune it, but i was taking interest in what was on offer.

I used that day to see what others were doing, and took the opportunity in the presiding weeks since then to discuss options with people.

I was happy with the power, and was in no great rush to tune it for the sake of tuning it. I've had this car over a year, bear that in comparison to the Leon R that lasted just 30miles before the mods began. ;) I wouldn't call that a rush or a snap decision.

In fact I wouldn't encourage anyone to modify their car unless they want to. The Cupra is a great car out of the box and exceptionally quick and i still have the option to run my car in stock settings, and often do.

I didn't have any great plan, but I was quietly considering my options and have been with interest since i got the car.

I would of thought you of all people want to be factual. :) Please don't put words into my mouth.

Last edited:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I would of thought you of all people want to be factual. :) Please don't put words into my mouth.

Sorry if it came across wrong, popped in made a quick comment and left again, that will teach me for trying to rush my posts.

Although for sure i cannot remember our "exact" conversation, your account seems pretty much how I remember it. there were certainly no confirmed views on going ahead with a map, although after seeing the figures others were producing, i think you may have said "maybe" when i asked if you were now tempted.

Anyway :cheers: glad your liking it :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise