BHP @flywheel

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
Hi,

I'm in the process of getting renewal quotes for car insurance but i need to know (roughly) the BHP at the flywheel of my LC with revo stage 1.

would this just mean 180 bhp (if standard) or 210'ish bhp if Revo'd or does bhp @ the flywheel refer to something else???

i had a search but could't make sense of the results.

cheers

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
Have you done no more mods apart from the re-map? My LC was 180 standard. i added the map, a 57i and a cat-back zaust and it read 215bhp now at the flywheel on awesome rolling road day.

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
standard other than revo stage 1, shortshift and 18's. I'll use the figure given by revo (207 bhp). it'll probably be slightly less if anythin anyway.

did a quick web search for insurance and was getting quoted £300 + more than last year!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Most of the LC's I've seen with mods like yours are around the 200bhp mark mate - some 190, a couple a shade over 200.

You'll need revo stage2 + all mods (FMIC etc) to get anywhere over 210bhp.
I'd say the remaps given you 10% more power (180 + 18 = 198) - I know Elephany work by % on their quotes.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I would agree with Pabs that 10% is a more realistic figure for the remap. Dyno lottery (to coin a phrase) and marketing B.S. count for a lot in making people think a simple remap will give then 210+ bhp, when it wont.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
I totally agree with Rob and Pabs but I'm just thinking of the event of a claim. If you said 200 (which is probably a more realistic average throughout the year) if you had a claim they may argue that the manufacturer claims 207 and they have tested more cars.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I totally agree with Rob and Pabs but I'm just thinking of the event of a claim. If you said 200 (which is probably a more realistic average throughout the year) if you had a claim they may argue that the manufacturer claims 207 and they have tested more cars.

Yes, very true. I agree with this also - on the fact that you totally cover your butt should you ever need to claim.
But i expect if you do need to claim there would be very little chance that they would go to the hassle of putting your car on an RR to check for +/- 10bhp.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
But i expect if you do need to claim there would be very little chance that they would go to the hassle of putting your car on an RR to check for +/- 10bhp.
Lol... no I guess not.
I would have liked them to try with my last (and only) modified write off, they'd have had to go looking for the front wheel, along with the hub and driveshaft before they could try!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.