Battery relocation

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Anybody done this or attempted it? Think the boot is where most people move it to. Pics would be good if you have. Been having a look as I might change my k and n induction kit for a modified smoothed airbox and id want to relocate the battery.

ian_cupra

i fancy moving mine too, anyone got any pics??

is it just a case of sending a cable to the boot?? and wiring battery there?

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Thing you would need some brackets for the battery and then to extend and reroute the battery to the boot. Dont know about any complications because of the fuses on top etc. Just thought with the battery moved then I could fit a massive induction kit in there and nice heatshield or a huge custom airbox!

ian_cupra

yeah, just need to know what to do with the fuse box, think am gonna leave it in engine bay, otherwise too much to move really

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
You need to use some suitably thick cable and remember that unless you have a sealed battery (as stated above with the use of a dry cell battery) it may give off some funky fumes into your car! - Also, seriously think about some form of fuse to protect from electrical fire - Take a look at most dedicated track cars for inspiration, they have all done it.

Rick

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Gel batteries are also ok to use in the boot, as found in new R32's etc, anything that has the battery in the boot from factory.

this is to prevent the acid spraying around the interior in the event of a accident, and no fumes or risk of explosion.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I'd like to put it in the boot as well but how would you sort or reposition the fuse box?

It might even look worse without it.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
hi, varly red top battery's are worth a look, they are much smaller than traditional wet battery's so you may be able to keep it under the bonnet and gain enough space to fit your induction kit, this is the type of battery i'll be going for in the near future when i start making space for my bt conversion, but i'm going to mount it as close 2 the strut turret as possible leaving the area in front free for air filter etc. but if u do still want to put it inside, as said above put it in a sealed box and make sure it is very very secure, because if you do use your car on the track or even on the road for that matter you dont want to have the battery chasing you round the inside of the car if you do have a serious ''off''.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise