Battery connection issue

Nov 24, 2020
Hi, 12 plate Ibiza, 1.2 tsi engine...after driving the car in the rain yesterday the car now won't start. It won't turn over however has power for all electrics inside. There's a single click at the battery suggesting a connection fault. I managed to get the car started after moving some of the wiring but now the same problem is happening. I've disconnected and reconnected the battery... Is there a specific method of reinstalling or connecting the battery tgat may be causing the problem?

Nov 24, 2020
No I don't think so... Sometimes the dash dims and the clock keeps resetting itself to 00:00hrs so don't think power is even getting there. I think it's a plug or an earth but as yet haven't found anything and have it stuck on the driveway.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe the battery has failed internally, the clock resetting to 00:00 means that it’s supply has dropped below what it needs to operate, attempting to start the engine with a now duff battery would do that. Don’t be fooled by the battery’s “off load” voltage, as when it is getting loaded it will be dropping down too far.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members