autogauge oil temp gauge from halfords - no sender?

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I have done a search and now I am even more confused. I bought an autogauge oil temp gauge from halfords. When AMD went to fit it they said i need some sort of sump plug sender which didnt come with it. What is the part I exactly need and are these sposed to come with the gauge. I have no idea where to get this part or the size needed. Please help as I have Had it fitted but now hooked up other than to the electrics.

It should've come with the sender, mine did. It screws into the oil filter housing under your inlet manifold. The ones that should come with the gauge are made of a really cheap metal so you'd be better off getting a brass one if you can. JKM in Portsmouth got one for me after i snapped the one that came with the gauge in the housing.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
yes as richy says go back there and kick some ass someone must of knicked it when you get it its easy to fit surprised you went there for that their not cheap..

guides on here to fit yourself

p.s where in essex are ya?

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
AMD said I needed something to screw into the sump. Should this have come with it or is this a different thing?

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
yes as richy says go back there and kick some ass someone must of knicked it when you get it its easy to fit surprised you went there for that their not cheap..

guides on here to fit yourself

p.s where in essex are ya?

Bodywork I can do but anything like this I am crap. Even with a guide LOL. I am in Benfleet mate.

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I have it all fitted and the electrics wired up and working. All AMD said was missing was the sump plug thing.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If I'm readiing this right you have the sender but you dont have the drilled sump plug, is that right ???
I fitted my sender unit into the sump plug aswell, I got my drilled sump plug from Demontweeks.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
if its a generic oil guage then why would it come with the sender. I cant see why you would expect it.

If it was a kit for a specific car, then it should either come with the sendor, or state that you need one.

they come with a temp sender as does every other gauge, what you dont get is the sump nut with a hole in it for your sender

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members