Arm Rest

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
I have been thinking of getting an arm rest but im not happy about it having to have red dots!!!!

Found a couple of alternatives, would value (and obviously completely disregard) your opinions....

armrest_seat_leon_bracciolo_armlehne_accoudoir_side_close1_255.JPG

armrest_seat_leon_bracciolo_armlehne_accoudoir_side_open1_255.JPG

As you can see that one slides.... and is kind of square!

seatpa1.jpg

seatpa2.jpg

That one is similar to the 'seat' one.....

Prices including delivery from Italy are similar the advantage being you can have it made in cloth or leather in a number of colours..... :funk:

Venom

Get the Seat one and recover in cloth of your choice. there is a thread here somewhere where it got covered n a carbon fibre look alike, looks stunning

mattwarcher

whats wrong with the red dots! it sort of matches the little bit on the steering wheel. I wouldn't get that first one, seems too long, you will never manage to change gear :D

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Get the Seat one and recover in cloth of your choice. there is a thread here somewhere where it got covered n a carbon fibre look alike, looks stunning

The carbon fibre look cloth was almost as expensive as the arm rest!

The OEM one doesn't match ANY of the interior in my FR it's a shame there are no variations on it.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Does anyone have any photos of the OEM armrest in an FR?

I've been tempted to get one but was wondering if they look a but out of place..

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
armrest1.JPG

I rest my case.... looks awful unless you have the matching interior....

P3210005.jpg

Looks ok with this interior, matches all the red stitching.....

seat-leon-fr-interior-scaune-fata-image-big-1159428208.jpeg

To match the FR interior it needs to be black, or black and grey at least..... thats why im looking at alternatives, and buying a £100 one with red dots and re-covering it seems a bit stupid unless you can do it cheaply and very well.

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Hiya, im not prepared to pay £100 for a piece of crap that needs colouring in...lol

Tried Dave and unfortunately no luck with the black leather one....

Will just have to take a chance with one from Italy, ive just emailed them for more info so im hopeful.

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Surely you could get someone local to you to cover it quite cheaply. Its only a tiny bit of leather
Yeah I know what you mean there, but why pay £100 for it then have to get it re-covered.... its expensive for what it is to start with.... hopefully there will be an email waiting when I get home, I think I will go for the chunky square one as I like to be different. Even paying the postage from Italy its less than £100 for it in leather...

Last edited:

mattwarcher

you have to drill 5 holes into the centre console and then screw it in. not as bad as it sounds. see the thread "fitting arm rest"

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
I don't think it actually looks out of place once it's fitted. I took the photo above and I think the red dots show up more in the photo than normal due to the flash. I know everyone has their own opinions but i'm really happy with mine.

Gellyfour

Don't bother drilling any holes, just stick it in place with rear view mirror double sided pads!

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
i bought the top one.

Only problem is its just held on with a door hindge!! Although you can pull it forward and does give you a bad back (from leaning to the left!!)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise