another tyre question! hankook v falken

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
sorry guys! im looking for a new set of tyres for my 150 tdi leon. i was asking about federals here but i didnt get good reviews about them so now i have another two sets lined up. just want to know which ye guys rate more. first set is HANKOOK K 110 V12 EVO and second set is FALKEN ZE912 ZIEX. both are 225/45R17 94W XL. anyon running them on there cars or any opinions on them would be great! thanks

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
I have the cheaper (i think) FK452s and they have reduced the road noise ALOT compared to my old Michelins.Falken seem pretty good for the price to me.
Just my 2 pence worth

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
i have just fitted the v12 evo to my leon (205/55/16) and for the price thay are very good tyres have only had them a week and im really impressed with them, i used to suffer from a lot of wheel spin in the wet with my old tyres but these ones are spot on

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
sorry guys! im looking for a new set of tyres for my 150 tdi leon. i was asking about federals here but i didnt get good reviews about them so now i have another two sets lined up. just want to know which ye guys rate more. first set is HANKOOK K 110 V12 EVO and second set is FALKEN ZE912 ZIEX. both are 225/45R17 94W XL. anyon running them on there cars or any opinions on them would be great! thanks

The Falken FK is a better tyre than the ZE in my opinion, I had ZE912s on my Ibiza TDi Sport and they were rubbish in the wet. I've never had a bad experience with Hankook tyres, they've always been excellent value for money IMO. I'd go for the Hankooks or Falken FK452s if you can get them.

NotApplicable

So I don't know whether you're still looking for tyres, but I have tried the Falken ZE512s (so I'm extrapolating wildly to the 912s here) and the Falken 452s

The ZEs were dreadful in the wet, but the 452s impressed me with their consistency whether it was wet or dry. They give you confidence.

There was one drawback with the 452s, they go a bit hard in the cold we have been having in the UK. It means they do crash and bump a bit. In the summer, they are fantastic.

Deleted member 7729

I don't rate the Falken tyres so I'm going back to Michelin PS2s or may try the new F1s

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
F1s are cracking tyres and give loads of grip wet or dry but they are expensive, and because they're made of a really soft compound they wear out really quickly.
My last set didn't even last 8k miles on the front wheels before they had worn down to the point of being illegal.

NotApplicable

Well, that's one advantage of the 452s, they last reasonable well. Even giving them a hard time with a remapped turbo diesel, you will get over 12K per set. I got 13k4 with the last pair on the front. The rears seem to last forever - circa 30K for the last pair

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
thanks for the replys guys. i dont know which to go for. i got offered a set of kingstar for a very good price but i never heard of them so im a bit weary...

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
Where abouts in Ireland are you? I know a local in company in Belfast who does great deals on hankooks and federals. Stay away from 'dieyoung' tyres!!
Paul:cartman:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.