• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Another Noice

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Well I seem to have developed yet again another noice in the ibiza. This time its a nocking one, now im not good with these. Comes in under breaking and on acceleration like something is rolling about, but theres nothing in the car. Strange I know, my thoughts are engine mounts or bushes?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Or antil roll bar link bushes, mine did it for a while - wasn't tight fitting anymore so knocked every now and then...

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
these easy to check. Cos its in the garage tomorow could get the lad to take a look, long as its not going to cost as am skint!

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
think I may have found it, piece of stupid sticky foam at the bottom of the A piller was loose and made a similar noice when I was playing about. Shall find out for sure tomorow.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
ok its not fixed I just thought it was this is driving me mad. Iv seriously been thinking if I crashed the car it might move whatevers making a rattle and then the world would be good again. Its honestly gona be the death of me I cant stand it, its like chineese water torture.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
yep, see I do but its still there dont get me wrong the ibiza has a lot of noices I dont care about but this 1 is driving me MENTAL. next stop a gun store and bell tower.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
check you fuel housing and boost pipe ;) this will be a prime suspect then if not start looking into the rear engine mount if not there then look into bushes if not there then look into exhaust if not there look into transmission

please make sure all wheel nuts are TIGHT! trust me this is so common! then check glove compartment and spare wheel well for loose parts ;)

sure ive covered everything ;)

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
guess what the other noice was, the glass in the tax disc holder! had the whole thing apart and it was that!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
when i had a knocking noise like that my engine was falling out look down the left hand side of the engine underneath all the pipework and look for broken welds

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
all noices solved mate, the other one was the wheel not tightend properly and nearly fallen off! Stupid tyre place and the other more annoying one was the glass rattling in tax disk holder

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.