Alternative front seats

simakinen

Hi Fellas,
Ive just bought a new Cupra R with the standard fit front seats,not the Recaros.I dont really get on with these seats,the problem being the seat section being too long and pushing into my leg just above the calf muscle.I also feel i am being pushed out of the seat at the base of the back and not really being sat deep into the seat enough.Has anybody fitted any alternative seats besides the Recaros that the factory sells? and what are your opinions?.I sat in a Cupra with the factory Recaros and felt better straight away,but before researching a swap for those i thought i would ask for your thoughts anyway,regards, SIMON.:)

babaa

Nov 24, 2004
Surrey/Hants
I ended up buying a second hand Recaro drivers seat as the standard one wasn't doing my lower back any favours. They are hard to come across, but I think the main thing that I wanted to keep hold of when changing them was the airbag - hence trying to stick to the factory Recaro seats, or possibly older style Golf/A3 seats which I think are a straight swap too.

Russ_GTi

get some new gold gti front seats

but will the tartan put you off?

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
yeah mk4 golf recaro's are identical to cupra R ones apart from the R logo.

I had leather recaro's in my old mk4 they where so comfy.been looking for a set ever since.
100_2154.jpg

100_2155.jpg

babaa

Nov 24, 2004
Surrey/Hants
Hi Scotty,

I can't remember the name of the guy I got the seat from now, but at the time he was selling both front Recaros - the only problem was that the passenger side had been supplied to him in the wrong colour/design. I think it was blue/grey instead of the matching black due to some mess up from the place he ordered from not getting one of the older designs from Seat?

Looking at the leather Golf seats above though, I would have gone for those if they were available at the same time - they do look nice. I always wondered why leather was never an option on the LCR, I'm sure lots of people would have gone for it.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Yeah thats the one. He got a seat sport seat by mistake. Well if you want a passanger side Recaro or bettre yet you want to sell your drivers side then im your man!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.