Alternative CD Channger?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
As loads of people are having problems with standard SEAT CD changers, does anyone know of an alternative CD changer that will work?

I for one definatly don't want to fork out for another one the same just for the same thing to happen again.

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
I have actually got 2 6cd changers in the garage but not sure if such a connector exists, will go have a look at what make they are :runs off to garage:

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Just found a nice CLARION 6CD changer but it has a different connector:

Excuse the pic, very cold outside (shakey hands):

sta601767uq.jpg

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
R953 VSE said:
what kind of CD-R's do people use in the standard cd changer?

i can't get my home burned cd's to work so was wondering if anyone knows a make of cd that does??

My changer reads (or at least did read) all kinds of CDR's, are you burning yours properly, ie: finalising them?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
I've got a 6 stack Sony MP3 changer in the boot, its connected through the standard lead and a connect 2 block. The only downside is the connect 2 block is £52.99 but other than that it works well!

One other thing to note is the cost, the MP3 change was a little over £200 and the Connect2 £52.99. Also note you can get a 10 stack BUT the standard head unit will only play the first 6.

Undezcupra

Francis Seat
Dec 21, 2005
Leicestershire
ok, question, my 6 stack sony has broke in the back of my cupra, my old dear has a 10 stack one in her civic with the same connections which she says i can have, do i just swap them strait over or do i need to disconnect power leads to allow it to be recognised???????? help asap please as my boots open and waiting

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
R953 VSE said:
they work fine in my cd player in the house, and in my old alpine head unit, but when i try them in the cd changer it says 'no cd' or something.

Your changer may well be up the spout then mate. :(

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
R953 VSE said:
what kind of CD-R's do people use in the standard cd changer?

i can't get my home burned cd's to work so was wondering if anyone knows a make of cd that does??

Mine gave up playing copied CD's last week. Bought a CD lense cleaner form HMV for £4.99, problem solved :)................... for now at least.