altea 1.9tdi reference sport

focusy

hi all.

im looking to move over to the seat clan, and looking to purchase the above or similar,

please could you give me some feedback on the above with regards to thoughts and performance.

many thanks in advance.

jtmac

Hi Focusy,

Welcome to SCN

I've got a 1.9tdi ref. Sport. and I like it a lot. Mine's an 06 plate and I've done about 29k miles in it from new.

Which age Ref. Sport are you looking at as the spec changed (part way through 56 plate i think?) Mine does not have Cruise control or a trip computer and has Air-con not Climate. Later ones might have these (I think?). Also check if you've got a spare wheel or not. I've not, other might have a space saver.

I got mine in black so that the black mirrors and door handles would almost be colour coded, sort of.

The Ref. sport has firmer 'sport' suspension than the Stylance. It took a little getting used to but now I like it. It also has 'sport' seats with grippy edge to stop you slidding side to side in the seat.

I've not tried the other engines and it's my first diesel so I can't compare the engine to other cars except that it's better than my old 1.2 petrol ibiza. i get 43 mpg which drops to 40 if I really push-it and I once got 45 and a bit by really trying for a whole week. These are worked out over a whole tank from the pump and the odometer as I don't have a trip computer.

Have a look at all the posts for the common niggles and some of the good points.

to finish some things I like about my Altea

* The way if looks
* The hidden wipers that wipe the entire window
* the 'sports' seats
* the two part boot
* The five spoke alloys (i think the only thing better about the FR alloys if that they are 17" otherwise my 16" Ref. Sport alloys are as good looking IMHO)
* The sliding rear seat so that the boot gets big enough so my fiancee can fit in the 20 pairs of shoes and 10 changes of outfit she needs for a long weekend away
* The cubby holes under the drivers and passange seat
* and lots of other things...

Hope you find a good Ref. Sport and a get a good test drive so that you can see for yourself.

Rallye Dale

Feb 27, 2007
Warrington Cheshire
Just took my sister in law to buy one

There is £2000 of it at the moment £11995 plus met paint £350 thats for the 105ps 1.9 TDI

She's ordered hers in Ada Blue,comes withe Sport seats similar to the FR,front fogs,alloys,air con not climate,space saver,two tier boot floor,trip computer MP3 CD player

Offer ends 30th of September

focusy

thanks for the replies and the warm welcome to the forums:D

im thinking of a new one, but might have to look at used...

what they like for power being the lower end of the tdi models and can they be modded?

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Not driven the 105tdi Altea but the 1.9 is a nice punchy engine, it gives the impression of being quick through the power delivery. A remap will take it upto 135-140 so good gains to be had and the 1.9 is switchable also. Have a look in the dealers section and give some of them a ring you will probably be able to pick a bargain up. Get yourself out this weekend and get a test drive it's the only way to really see if you would like one or not.

Welcome to the fold though if you do decide. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.