After much searching I have finally taken the plunge

Black3y

Im a 05 LCR owner, its taken some time to get funds and find the right car but i have and im very very pleased now.

The car is standard and in great condition with less than 20000 miles and drives like a dream, however, my experience of test driving LCR's over the past few weeks hasnt all been so wonderful! This experience was epitomised this week when I drove 120 miles to drive a LCR that had been remapped twice with no additions ( as far as i could tell ) to any parts at all. It had a dyno graph showing a AmD Technik remap to 265 BHP and then a second one showing 286 BHP. This experience has left me wondering if I want to make any modifications to my new best freind as origianally intended, as the car was impossible to drive. 1st, 2nd and 3rd were very difficult not to spin in, and changing into 4th was greeted with an almighty drop in power ( as if the car had stalled ) and then a massive burst of power when you last expect it!

Anyways, im very happy to finally be a member and look forward to discussing many issues with you people in the future.

If you are in the Bristol, Milton Keynes or Oxford areas ( I get around ) look out for R7 CUB

Black3y

Well I take offence to that :)

Obviously it could be driven without spin, I was just saying with 286BHP it was more of an effort than I would have liked :)

coopra R

Feb 6, 2005
Glasgow
s195.photobucket.com
what i,m saying its like getting into any new car ,,,,its strange at first then you ajust

He's right you know ! :p

Once you get used to the method of putting the power down, the car will feel more of a tamed beast !..(although never quite totally tamed !)

1st & 2nd gear have to be delivered smoothly to negate spin....third contains the punch...from there on in...:drive1:

A remap really brings out the LCR's capability....once you've got it, as said in a previous post, you just don't want to go back !

A remap will obviously give you more power, but it's the other mods - suspension/arbs/Dog bone mount, which will enable you to put the power to tarmac better !

I picked my car up - 05 plate with around 19,000mls like yourself - since then, I havn't been able to stop modding......be warned - once you start you just can't stop..(sounds like an ad for Pringles !!:D)

Welcome mate...and enjoy your new acquisition ! :)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Well I take offence to that :)

Obviously it could be driven without spin, I was just saying with 286BHP it was more of an effort than I would have liked :)

you could have the map changed to let the power come in more graudual if you really want to...

fwd and that level of power needs a delicate foot.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Good luck with your new motor mate.
i'v got an AmD map and it drives lovely 1st & 2nd gear can be a bit of a handfull at first but you do get used to it. :D
It sounds like the one you drove had a stage 2 remap to get 286 bhp

Timmyboy

Former Cupra Owner
Aug 27, 2005
Bristol
Welcome - car sounds nice, congrats :)

You may see my subtly coloured car around the Kingswood area of Bristol at some point!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.