advice on tyers and oil

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
hi can anyone tell me what is the best oil to put in my revod staged 1 tdi as i'm doing an oil change so i want the best so any help would be great.

second thing i'v just got 4 khan wheels and i want to get some new tyres they are 17's so what tyres and what sizes do i need i know i need 17's i mean the 40/215 and so on all help will be great.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
There is a big sticky at the top of the TDI section on oil as this has been covered loads of time not that i would suggest you haven`t bothered looking or using the SEARCH function. :whistle:
Click on the link for a tyre size calculator for now and future reference. Link

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
how do i find that out? if you want to look for the wheels they are on the items for sell right near the bottom on the second page the title is this Kahn RS-Z Alloy Wheels

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
yep just had a look its 7j what does the 7j or 7.5j mean? will i lose much grip or power as my beezer wheels are 16s?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
That's the width... 7 inches

Wouldn't have thought you'd lose power, maybe a fraction of a second on 0-60, but better grip for cornering.

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
ok nice 1 this is my first time mod a car. i see your doing a rr day what does it consist of mate? also have you got your new wheels yet?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
New wheels in about a month I think, being made/delivered.

RR day consists of meeting a few mental lot from here ( no names mentioned! ;) ) and 3 runs on the dyno, best of those 3 gets to be printed on a graph.

Power (bhp) and Torque (lb/ft) worth it for £30!

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
sounds like one hell of a time i might give it a shot as i would like to know what bhp and torque i'm pushing out. i will see if i can get the day off once i know i will give you a shout mate.

Deleted member 12466

RR bring it on!!! Cant wait to pick up the cupra...be nice to be back in the seat scene again

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members