Additional sensors in Park Pilot?

Jun 20, 2024
I was researching on how to retrofit a RVC to my car and noticed that some people who did it have what appears to be additional parking sensors on each side of the car(as shown in picture below).

I noticed my friend with an A6 C7 also has that. Are those just additional sensors on facelift Leons or is it something else and can it be retrofitted?

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpeg
    IMG_3150.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 30

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I was researching on how to retrofit a RVC to my car and noticed that some people who did it have what appears to be additional parking sensors on each side of the car(as shown in picture below).

I noticed my friend with an A6 C7 also has that. Are those just additional sensors on facelift Leons or is it something else and can it be retrofitted?
Those extra four sensors are part of the automatic parking system (PLA). It was never offered in Mk3 Leon, but some other models on MQB platform had it, such as Golf 7, so it works on a Leon as well when retrofitted. It is not as easy as adding just four sensors, it has its own control unit and also needs some specific versions of other control units and ABS sensors, I believe.

Sent from my 23113RKC6G using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2024
Those extra four sensors are part of the automatic parking system (PLA). It was never offered in Mk3 Leon, but some other models on MQB platform had it, such as Golf 7, so it works on a Leon as well when retrofitted. It is not as easy as adding just four sensors, it has its own control unit and also some specific versions of other control units and ABS sensors, I believe.

Yeah I figured it would be something like that. Guessing it also requires blind spot detection since this A6 also had that.

Interesting that the channels showing off these RVC retrofits looked pretty amateurish to be able to do such a complicated task.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
For PLA3.0, additional sensors are required at the front (5Q0919275) and rear (5Q0919297A or 5Q0919297B). 2 pieces, so a total of 4 pieces. The best control unit is 5QA919298D. Important, check the data set to see whether it is a mechanical handbrake or an electric parking brake. A PLA button must then be installed to activate the system. Yes, the ABS sensors on the rear axle must then be replaced, item number WHT003864B also 2 pieces. All information without guarantee

Reactions: Lozzy15
Jun 20, 2024
Found this Russian website which explained the process very well!

Basically you need 4 new parking sensors, new abs pump, new abs sensors and new pla 3.0 capable control unit. The guy on the forum remaped the esp off button to a park assist button.

The price for the whole retrofit is moderately high but seems a bit too complicated for me to ever consider doing it.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
You don't need a new ABS unit, just new sensors on the rear axle!!! It's not complicated, just a lot of work.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I only need the sensors. No new ABS unit
@ilovezed

Some cars may already have all or some of the required hardware (sensors, pump etc) depending on the model year, trim level and optional equipment from the factory. Before starting such a retrofit, one should check out what part numbers they have on their car using its VIN on ETKA.

Reactions: cairus and ilovezed
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.