Achieve 280 bhp from My leon cupra AUQ Ko3s hybrid

Jamiejarnold

Jaytek
Feb 1, 2014
Bournemouth
Hi I have a cupra that I'm hoping to get to around 280 bhp, only thing is I don't know if I have covered everything to achieve just that...
Basically I have kept the original turbo but it is now been hybridededed... With the following spec; overhauled turbo & replaced turbine housing,
ported & machined compressor cover to suit upgraded comp wheel, they suggested boost to be around 1.4 bar max. Does this sound correct?
Anyway would 280 bhp be possible with these mods:
Fmic
3 inch cobra non resonated cat back system with sports cat
3 inch Maf housing
S3 injectors
S3 Pressure reg
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Ported original exhaust manifold
Bigger TIP not sure of size...
I think i may need to upgrade rods but any advice would be appreciated

I'm new here and learning about this engine as I go. So please don't bite :p

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Im running K03s (stock turbo) at 1.3 BAR and achieved 261BHP with supporting mods. I dont know if its possible to achieve 280BHP with your setup.

I have:
-JD Engineering Custom map Stage 2+ (50L BP Ultimate + 5L Bio Ethanol)
-K03s stock (1.3 bar)
-4 bar FPR
-SFS Oversize TIP
-Phenolic Intake spacer
-3" Toyosports Downpipe
-3" Magnaflow 200cpi
-2.5" Cobra Resonated catback
-QSP Raceware extra inline fuel pump
-Blox Racing Velocity Stack
-Toyosports FMIC piping
-ASH FMIC Core
-Stock injectors
-Stock rods
-Stock stock pistons
-Stock clutch
-Stock exhaust manifold
-Stock intake manifold

Rods are advisable above 400Nm!

Pics: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/andyramdin/sets/72157629066602690/

Sam fr

Aug 30, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
im almost sure someone did get over 280 on a standard ko3s turbo, unsure of his build, but his turbo didnt last to long and eventually blew up

Jamiejarnold

Jaytek
Feb 1, 2014
Bournemouth
Universal turbos in fordingbridge hybrid my turbo, around 570 quid but the turbo was knackered so basically rebuilt it. If your turbo is in working order they can do it cheaper

Thanks for the reply nd photo nl I'm giving it a go this weekend flat out and dyno Tuesday, I'll let you know how it goes!

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Its an extra pump, sort of an insurance to make sure enough fuel is made available. Another option is to use an S3 pump, as they are rated 4 BAR (LC pump is 3 BAR). You have to do a small mod on it, as it uses 2 fuel tanks (close down 1 extra inlet or so).

Extra inline fuel pump is connected to the voltage rail under the steering wheel (use diesel 87f connection), is primed when opening the drivers door as it should.

sabri747

May 14, 2008
I checked our seat parts dealer. he confirmed that lc & lcr have same fuel pump of 4 bar. stage2 building is on going ..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.